Friday, May 7, 2010

Designing Online Courses


Introduction to Online Teaching has been completed and I am onto Designing Online Content. Once again I am feeling stress from the overwhelming amount of content and resources available to the online instructor. My goal is to approach everything with an eye for what is most effective for my objective which is to provide exemplary courses that teach psychology in an active and comprehensive manner.

I am very excited to start the design process. The organization, planning and artistic aspects of design appeal to me. As a student I have become aware that a properly designed course can be the difference between an average and great learning experience. It is of note, that active facilitation of a well designed course is also necessary.

I find it daunting when I consider the amount of detail involved, the deliberate planning and executing of every aspect, and the amount of work ahead of me. But, none-the- less, I am looking forward to the challenge.

I have decided to design a fully online course for Abnormal Psychology. Let's hope I did not bite off more than I can chew!

No comments:

Post a Comment